Aspiring authors NEED YOU to help them apply.
Thank you for being part of this valuable, library-driven initiative. The 2018 application for the Manuscript Project is opening November 1, 2018. Download, print, and share our free promotional flyer.
Also, please check our submission criteria before you submit a nomination. The author must include the following:
- The Manuscript itself must be formatted as a single Word.doc or PDF
- 12 pt (Arial, Calibri, Times Roman)
- 1.5 line spacing
- Multiple files not accepted.
- A Title Page with the following:
- Title (Working)
- Author Name
- Word count number (entries must be no fewer than 50,000 and no more than 100,000 words)
- A Synopsis on the title page (50 words or less)
- An Author Bio also on the title page (100 words or less)
Note: failure to meet criteria may result in disqualification for the entry
Because we have a terrific group of librarian judges committed to carefully reading each entry, there is no need or expectation for library staff to read entries before submission.
Once you are ready, you will use an online form on this page. Access to the online submission form will be available November 1, 2018.
Note: By agreeing to be a sponsor you will serve as a contact for the Soon To Be Famous Committee. You will receive an email after the author’s entry is received and again if they are chosen as a finalist.
The Illinois Author Project for self-published adult and young adult fiction returns late Spring 2019.