Thank you for your interest in the Soon to Be Famous Illinois Author Project.
Which project is for me?
We offer two library-driven contests each year to support Illinois authors. Submission details for each project are below.
Illinois Author Project for self-published authors
Contest opens in late spring 2019.
- Find an Illinois library (public, academic, school, or special) that is willing to sponsor your book. A staff person from that library will need to submit an online nomination form.
- After your nominating form is submitted, you will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your e-book.
- Remember: participating authors must live in Illinois, and the work being submitted must be a self-published work in an adult fiction or young adult fiction genre.
Manuscript Project for authors
Submissions are no longer being accepted for the 2018 contest. The 2019 contest opens again in November 2019.
Here is how the contest works:
- Find an Illinois library (public, academic, school, or special) that is willing to sponsor your unpublished manuscript. A staff person from that library will need to submit an online nomination form. Any library staff person is eligible to nominate an author.
- After your nominating form is submitted by a library, you will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your manuscript.
- Remember: participating authors must live in Illinois, and the manuscript being submitted must be unpublished and in an adult fiction genre.
- Submissions must meet certain criteria in order to be eligible. Please verify that the manuscript includes:
- A Title Page with the following:
- Title (Working)
- Author Name
- Word count number (entries must be no fewer than 50,000 and no more than 100,000 words)
- A Synopsis on the title page (50 words or less)
- An Author Bio also on the title page (100 words or less)
- The Manuscript itself must be formatted as a single Word.doc or PDF
- 12 pt (Arial, Calibri, Times Roman)
- 1.5 line spacing
- Multiple files not accepted.
Note: failure to meet criteria may result in disqualification for the entry